Tuesday, May 11, 2010

3 1/2 weeks old!

We have continued to stay super busy this past week and a half. We have attended Drew's normal Monday playgroup activity both weeks. And we've met friends at the park 2 or 3 times. We go to the store (w/ Drew sitting in the front of the cart and Emma in the main part in her carseat). We've taken a couple walks but it's still uncomfortable from my surgery to push the double stroller (although I'm dying to get active SOON!!). I've realized that the second baby is MUCH easier than the first. I feel much more relaxed and prepared for whatever might happen.

Charlie has accepted that there's another member of the family. He now allows Drew to give him bear hugs, and he will get on my lap while I'm holding Emma. Of course, he is twice her size (or more!).


I LOVE the blanket that Emma's Aunt Julie made. It is so soft and perfect for Emma to lay on - which she actually really likes to do. Sometimes when she's getting worked up and crying, we'll lay her on a blanket on the floor and she calms right down, just looking around the room. And she tolerates tummy time pretty good too. Here she is sound asleep on the blanket.


And a few minutes before that, just hanging out.


I left the room with Emma in her boppy to go do something really quick, and when I came back, Drew (and the Grinch) was up there with her , watching tv. Very cute!


Here's Drew posing with his little sis.


Chad's family stopped over on Saturday to celebrate Mother's Day. Here's Grandmom with Emma.


And Granddad with Drew and Olivia. I'm not sure why Drew was so serious...I think he didn't like the idea of sharing his Granddad!

And here's the proud fathers, Chad with Drew and Grant with Olivia.


Drew and Olivia ran around and around the house and squealed and played the whole time. They also gave each other a few hugs! :)


For Mother's Day, Chad and I took Drew and Emma to the park to eat lunch. It was chilly and windy, but I think Drew had a good time. We walked with him out on the dock and saw a couple fish. Emma slept the whole time...

Drew got a sucker after lunch - that's always his favorite treat!


Me and Drew! I'm so happy he's not mad at me for bringing the baby home any more! He has been a good little helper most of the time!

Here's Emma hanging out on the couch. See how her belly is filling out?! :)

And her little face is getting fuller too!

Emma isn't doing a whole lot, but I know her relatives that haven't met her yet would like to see her in action. Here's a video of her hanging out on the couch.


No comments: