Monday, October 8, 2012

Hill Ridge Farm and other random things

Drew was changing into his jammies in the living room and acting like a nut flexing his muscles...and I actually see some biceps developing!! LOL
 
 

I have taken Emma to do gymnastics a couple more times.  She loves jumping on the trampoline, doing forward rolls down the mats, and swinging on the rope.  Here she is swinging and cheesing!


Here she is jumping - and I can get her to do straight jumps, tuck jumps, apart/together jumps and even seat drops.  She loves trying to do whatever I show her.
 
 
And here's her beautiful forward roll!  =)
 

This past weekend it was picture day for Drew's soccer team.  We bought individual pictures, but I got a team picture of my own!   


Drew scored two more goals this Saturday.  His team won, 8-6.


This past weekend we made a trip to Wake Forest to stay with Grant and Sherry.  We took the kids to Hill Ridge Farms to play and pick out pumpkins.  Here Drew and Olivia going through the maze.  They figured it out quick and left Emma in the dust!


She needed a little help and we had to yell out to her where to go! 


The kids LOVE the giant slide!  What a silly face Drew is making!


Emma and I got to go down too!  Last time we were here (2 years ago) we didn't go down b/c she was so little!  She said, "Emma want to go down slide again!" as soon as we got to the bottom.


Even Owen went down!!  LOL


We got a nice group photo as we waited for the train to come.


This is such a cute picture - I just love Owen's sweet little grin!


And here's a nice picture of Chad and I - we're all cramped up in the caboose of the train! haha 


And we got a great family picture on the hayride on our way to go pick out our pumpkins!


They were about pictured-out at this point... but still a pretty good group picture!


Emma chose the first pumpkin she found and carried it around awhile...then she started getting bored and was standing on the pumpkins!  =)

 
A few weeks ago, we took the kids to Freedom Park in Charlotte.  Chad and I took turns going for 3 mile runs while the other played with the kids.  They played on the playground while I ran, and then I took them over to the huge pond while Chad ran.  They liked cheering him on when he ran by us.  And they liked balancing on the rock ledge.
 
 
Here's Drew doing a superman pose!
 

A couple babies were swinging in the baby swings for a long time while I was at the park with the kids...so I encouraged Emma to try the big swings!  She actually did a really good job - and I think she was proud of herself!  I was proud of this adorable picture I took!  It is seriously one of my new favorite pictures!


Last weekend Chad and I both went for 7.5 mile runs and didn't feel like moving afterwards, but the kids were restless!  So, we took them to Latta Plantation and went for a hike.  Drew wore my Nike GPS running watch and loved keeping up with our mileage.  I think we went 1.2 miles!   

 
Chad emailed me a couple pictures he's taken on his phone on our last Carowinds trip.  I love this one of the kids riding together!  


And here's Emma and I in the car!
 


No comments: