Monday, October 29, 2012

School Party, Last soccer game, Pumpkins and Leaves

This Thursday, Drew's class had their Fall Celebration party.  I was one of the three moms in charge of planning this party.  I baked sugar cookies and brought orange icing and candy for them to decorate the cookies and make jack-o-lanterns.  Here's Drew and Emma at work!
 

We also had the kids make silly spider hats, and we read them several Halloween/Fall stories.  Drew was such a good big brother and sat with Emma! 


Then Thursday night my parents got into town!  On Friday we had kind of a lazy day.  I woke up not feeling well, but the kids had a great time hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa!  Then on Saturday morning my parents got to see Drew play soccer!  He had a great game.  He was aggressive and played well - and scored two goals!  Here's Drew and Madison with their game faces on, waiting for the ball to be put back in play after someone scored. 
 

And we got laughing so hard at how Drew was sitting with his legs crossed when he wasn't in the game!!  HAHA


It was actually his last game of the season, so they got trophies!  I've loved being a soccer mom and watching him play the last couple months...and now we're on to basketball - it starts at the end of November!
 
 
After Drew's game, we went to the fall festival at Drew's school. They had all kinds of vendors inside and a bouncy house and pumpkin painting outside. And we took this crazy picture there! LOL  
 
 
The guys played golf outside and Emma swept the deck  =)  The leaves are REALLY falling down now!
 

Sunday I went to IKEA with my parents while Chad let the kids run off some energy at the park.  I wanted to look at kitchen tables, b/c I've wanted to move our dining room table back to the dining room for awhile.  I ended up finding one I really liked, so my parents got it as an early Christmas present!! (which makes sense b/c it would be hard to fly home with it at Christmas-time!)  I am so excited! It's exactly what I wanted!  Then Sunday night we ordered pizza and carved our pumpkins.  Everybody got pretty crafty!   Here's Drew and I trying to talk Emma into sticking her hand inside the pumpkin!  I think this is the first year that Drew had no problem getting all gooey!


And Chad got a picture of one of the few times she actually did get her hand in there!


Drew and my dad are concentrating pretty hard on their masterpieces!


And here's the final product!  I think they look GREAT!!  As soon as we lit them, the kids started singing "happy birthday pumpkins!" 


After my parents left Monday morning, I took the kids outside to play in the leaves.  It was in the 50s, but SO windy so it felt colder! 


Ever since Drew's class talked about leaves at school, he's been very interested.  He really wanted me to get a closeup picture of this beautiful leaf!


Here's our silly face picture! 



No comments: