Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Bike, soccer, Owen's birthday

Last week we took advantage of our awesome fall weather and went for a walk after dinner.  Drew was doing SO GOOD on his bike!  He fell on his bike a couple months ago, and had been really cautious and scared for awhile.  And with it being so hot, we just hadn't been practicing much.  But this night he had it figured out!  He even said, "mommy, take my picture!"  So, of course I did!  Maybe soon we'll be able to take those training wheels off!
 

I handed Emma's tricycle off to Chad so I could get a picture of all the action! 


Then Emma decided to hop off and push it herself!  She cracked herself up!


This past Sunday, we went to Wake Forrest to celebrate Owen's first birthday!!  Sherry made dairy free cupcakes, so both our kids were in heaven.  I don't even think they left any crumbs...


Owen is walking all over the place!  Here he is getting his balance by grabbing onto Drew's shirt.


All that playing outside during the party wore Drew out...I love how he's got his party hat on and his goody bag close by!  I'm pretty sure he had a great time!  =)


Last Saturday, Drew scored his first goal in soccer...and then 6 more!!  He played great - it wasn't just fluke goals!  All the kids on his team were scoring and playing well.  And they did a pretty good job on defense and stopping the other team.  I have to say, watching him play soccer and do well and have fun is probably one of the proudest parenting moments so far!!  He was so proud of himself, but still humble - I could just see his confidence growing!  It was awesome! 


No comments: