Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fair, gymnastics, soccer, carowinds

Last weekend we took the kids to the Cabarrus County Fair.  We took a lap around to look at all the rides and games and vendors and even stopped to see a dog show.  A guy had a chihuahua climb a really tall ladder (with a helmet on!) and then it jumped into his arms! So cute!  Then we went to see the animals - which was the main thing we wanted to see!  Once again, Emma had no fear and reached right in to feed and pet the animals.  Drew was cautious as usual.  (by the way, not sure what's going on with Emma's hair in this picture - it must be an action shot, b/c her hair was never standing up like that!  haha)
 

Saying "bye" to the goats!


One day this past week, as Emma and I were heading out the door to go pick Drew up from school, this little guy was slithering right up against our front door trying to get inside! Yuck!  After looking him up, we believe he is a juvenile rat snake...probably a baby from our recent visiting couple...


After working out at the Y and still having some time before picking Drew up, I took Emma into the gymnastics center to play.  I was so happy that she wanted me to show her how to do things and she wanted to try them!  (I figured she'd want to just run wild!)  Here's her forward roll (need to work on using her hands).


And I love this picture!  She hopped right up on the beam and walked down it like it was no big deal!


Drew woke up Thursday night with a high fever and his head and throat hurt.  Since someone in his class already had strep, we figured that's what it was.  I took him to the dr on Friday, but his strep test came back negative.  But she gave him an antibiotic and he felt better right away.  I'm so glad he felt good in timem for his first soccer game, which was today!!  Here he is with most of his team (the Silver Strikers!) and his coach Kate and her dad Larry.  They did a little opening ceremony with the national anthem and everything!


Grandmom came to see Drew's game!  Emma was cold and stole my sweatshirt!
 

We were pretty impressed at how Drew was pretty aggressive and knew what to do!  He was pretty good at getting in there and taking the ball from the other team.  Here he going after the ball, and his friend Madison is right behind him (I've been friends with her mom for a while - we were excited they are on the same team). 


There were a few times when he took off running with the ball and was way out in front of everyone, but then he'd shoot it too early and not kick it hard enough.  He didn't make any goals this game - but he was definitely all over the field and going after the ball.  He did make one awesome pass to his teammate that was right in front of the goal and scored!


Erik, my boss, told me to let Drew join in one of the boys gymnastics classes last week while I was working.  Drew did so good!!  It was my really busy day where I have a group of TWELVE 5 year olds (just to put it in perspective, we usually don't let that age group go over 5 or 6 in a group!!).  But while I was leading warmups, I got a few quick pictures of Drew and got to watch him a little bit. 


Last weekend, we also made a trip to Carowinds.  Chad discovered that Drew can ride TWO more rollercoasters, since he's hit the 44 inch mark!  Chad and Drew are in the front on this one!!  I love that Drew has no fear about it and just hops right on! There's no way I would have done that at his age.
 

Here's Drew and Emma on the swings!


 

No comments: