Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Snakes, End of School, Indiana Trip

 I walked through the kitchen and saw something out of the corner of my eye...took a second look...and this is what I saw!!  I think I scared the kids to death as I started screaming and jumping around.  As soon as I calmed down, I had to get outside and get a picture of him!  By the time Chad got home, he was gone (and Chad was really disappointed). 

But before dinner I was taking a lap around the house searching for Mr. Snake...and I found him...with Miss Snake!! YUCK!! This snake couple needs to move out...FAST!

YUCK!!


 
Last Thursday, Drew's whole school had an End of the Year picnic at North Meck Park.  Here's Drew with his buddy Jack.

And Drew with Owen. LOL


Drew with Trey and Jack.  I loved the shirts the teachers gave the kids.  Each class had a different color scheme.


Emma liked playing with all the "big" kids!  Then, right after the picnic, we got on the road and headed to Indiana for Memorial weekend!


My parents had been telling me about Ricky their raccoon that comes to visit every day.  I couldn't believe it when he came out at lunchtime to eat!  Aren't they nocturnal?!


Cheese!


We went to the park on Friday morning and met Sarah and Lyndsey there.  Then later that evening Ben and Julie and the boys came over to my parents' for dinner.  Here they are playing in the flower garden!


Baby Jackson is so cute!!  He's a very smiley, happy baby!


The kids had been begging to go for a ride in the Mercedes, so they all got to take turns!  Here's Parker and Drew - they kept telling my dad to "put it in sports mode!" 


Will and Emma got a turn next!  Emma doesn't normally like to even have her window down, so I wasn't sure how she'd do.  But as soon as they got back, I heard her say, "Again!" 


After dinner we roasted marshmallows in the fire pit!  These kids are a little dangerous with fire!! haha


Emma needed to be held back - she wasn't scared at all!


On Saturday, we got to see Tim graduate from high school!  Way to go Tim!!


Then we went to their house for his graduation party.  Leave it to my family to start throwing a big ball around! haha  And I think the quote of the weekend goes to Tim.  My mom was telling Marc's mom how many grandchildren she has, 5 grandsons and 2 granddaughters.  And Tim said, "No, you have 4 grandsons, 2 granddaughters, and 1 grandMAN!"  It was just unexpected and absolutely hilarious!!


Sarah and Marc rented a bouncy house to entertain the kids...and adults! haha  It was so much fun!


HAHA - watch out kids, Grandma and Grandpa will show you how it's done!!


Drew and Emma jumped and bounced until they were soaking wet with sweat!


I finally got up enough courage to try a front flip - and was proud that it was fairly easy! And FUN!
Then on Sunday, we followed tradition and swam and Ben and Julie's house during the Indy 500.  It was a sunny 95 degree day...perfect!  Drew and Will did the slide over and over!


Emma loved the water, but she didn't sleep the best in Indiana and was tired.  She did love Maggie the dog though!!


Looks like the kids are getting lined up to race! haha

We surprised my Dad with a birthday cake and a few gifts!  It was a week early, so he wasn't expecting it at all.  He even started singing with us, and then it hit him, "who? for me?"  haha!  The boys blew out the candles for him!

It was a great trip to Indiana!  We hadn't seen everyone since Christmas!!

No comments: