Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weekend fun

Last Sunday, Drew got to meet Santa! Yeah, it was in the 70s outside, but Drew's been saying "Santa" and "ho, ho, ho!" for awhile, so we took advantage of the free photos at Bass Pro Shop. They had part of the store set up like a winter wonderland, with games, trains, Christmas trees, reindeer, snow, and of course - Santa! The whole time he sat on Santa's lap, he was saying, "train? choo choo! train?" The first time he learned about Santa was in a dvd about trains, so I think he'll forever connect the two! But at least he wasn't scared of the bearded stranger! And later in the store we walked by an old man w/ a white beard (and he was wearing a red vest!) and Drew waved at him a whole bunch so he started talking to Drew. Then, Drew pointed and said, "Santa!" I don't think the guy minded too much though.

The past two weekends Drew has enjoyed helping Chad pick up the leaves! If I come out to visit and see how things are progressing, Drew points at Chad and says "helping!" He drags out his wagon, lawn mower, golf clubs and shovels - and really thinks he's helping! Very cute! Here he is taking a break on the deck and watching Chad work.


And playing in the pile of leaves!


Today, Grandmom and Granddad came to visit with Drew. They brought some old Christmas books of Chad and Grant's for Drew to borrow. I'm glad Drew was in to this Rudolf book - Rudolf was my absolute favorite as a kid! I'm hoping he likes my Rudolf movie - we'll wait until Thanksgiving for that though.


Then we went outside to enjoy the 75 degree weather in November!




And Drew spotted an airplane! He always sees them before anyone else - especially when we're in the car! Maybe he'll be a pilot...


Then we headed to the front of the house, so Drew could show everyone where we'd seen the snake... and we saw another snake!! This one was tiny...but still...another snake! I will be watching my step from now on!

And on the baby news... I think I've been feeling the little one moving around this weekend. The movements are still so small, it's hard to tell! And after Wednesday morning IT will no longer be an IT - hopefully! We have our 18 week ultrasound and I can hardly wait!! I'm still thinking it's a girl, but I'd be thrilled with either! Earlier today, Granddad was teaching Drew how to call the squirrels with a "come here" motion with his hands - and tonight Drew was rubbing my belly and we were talking about the baby, and he started doing his hand like that and saying "come here!" So, I guess he's ready to meet this baby already...too bad we have a LONG time to wait for that!!

No comments: