Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Trip to Indiana

We had a great time on our weekend trip to Indiana! And, more importantly, Drew had a great time too! He loved being outside at my parents' house, playing with all the toys at Ben and Julie's house, and running from room to room to see the fans at Sarah and Marc's house. He calls both of my parents "mama" which is close to grandma - but we couldn't get him to get the P sound for grandPa. I forgot my camera when we went to Donner park and swam at Ben and Julie's, but I'll get pictures from my parents later. One morning we went and visited my Grandma Plopper at the nursing home. Drew was a little shy, but waved and blew a few kisses - I think they really enjoyed that! Then we took Drew to the Brown County State Park for a quick walk. Here he is leading the way with my parents!

And here's a quick family shot on a miniature bench overlooking the huge park.


Later that day the family all got together at my parents' house - here's the three youngest cousins playing on the slide. Will (13 months), Parker (3) and Drew (17 months). Parker and Drew had a lot of fun together this weekend! And Will tries to keep up - I'm sure at our next visit he'll be right there with them!
Here they are taking turns on the slides.



We went and ate at the renovated Zaharako's, which is a small local restaurant. Everyone in my family - all the way back to my great grandparents - have sat at this little kids' table and enjoyed a coney dog and vanilla coke at Zaharako's! It was the high school hangout when my parents were young. I'm so glad Drew got to experience it too!


Here are the boys posing with their grandpa!


Hopefully we'll be back soon!! It's such a fun trip b/c Drew is so good in the car (he only sleeps about one hour the whole way) and he has so much fun while we're there! While we were there, Drew sprung a few curls on top of his head!! And since then, it's gotten curlier already! Uh oh - he's gonna take after his mommy! Also, Drew had his first taste of ice cream. My mom found some non dairy ice cream for him, and he loved it. He kept saying "ice cream," "brrr" and "more!" He also learned the number 2 while we were there - if he sees two of something or if he's holding two crackers, he'll say "two."

When we went to visit my Grandma Greenlee, she was rolling a ball with Drew. If it would get out of her reach she was using her cane to hit it. Drew studied her cane and then said "golf!" It was pretty funny!! We got him a Sporty Baby dvd about golf from the library to watch in the car - and he really liked it! And in the evening, Drew enjoyed watching baseball on the big screen tv with his Daddy and Grandpa before bedtime!

No comments: