Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hanging out and pool time!

Yay, summer!  We met up with some friends at the Birkdale Fountains, and just about had the whole place to ourselves.  Both kids love it - so I know we'll be spending a lot of time there this summer. Drew has been asking for popsicles ever since it started getting warm out.  And I love them because I can use the "eat all your dinner and we can have popsicles outside" line!  And it worked this time!


 The kids love painting and doing anything art-related.  I am loving pinterest.com for ideas and easy crafts.  I have a whole box of art supplies we've collected over the past couple years, and they get so excited when we pull that out of the garage!


After they painted their pictures and covered themselves in stickers, we decided to hike through the woods by our neighborhood and collect some rocks to paint.  My eyes were darting around looking out for snakes, but we didn't see any!  ...just lots of scary sticks and tree roots that LOOKED like snakes!


We'd had a lot of rain lately, so the creek was really full!  We almost had to pry Emma off the bridge - she loved watching the water!


Silly kids!


Crocs are perfect for jumping in puddles!  The kids were soaked and there was no longer a puddle when they were done!


Drew LOVES the pool from Grandmom and Granddad!


Action shot!


Emma wasn't too sure about actually getting in (she has a fear of baths right now too...).  So, she got wet with the sprinkler part where the water comes out of the trees...and ate snacks.  LOL


Here she is getting her face wet!


Drew loves the Ninja Warrior show (it's these guys that do a really hard obstacle course), so here he is training for the show! haha


Face first into the water!  He went down backwards, sideways, face first...over and over and over!  I can't wait to get him into swim lessons again, b/c he isn't scared at all.  The Y has a swim team that starts out pretty young - I think he would love it!


Saturday was picture day for t-ball.  Only 7 of the 12 players on Drew's team showed up for the 8am picture time (their game wasn't until 9am), so I took my own picture!  I didn't want to pay for a picture of half the team! haha

We got the pool back out after Drew's game.  Emma was still timid, but eventually got in...and loved it!


They kept climbing UP the slide and then standing up at the top and jumping down!


And Emma would go under with her face in the water, stand up, and go again!  I'm so glad they don't have the same fears of water as I did as a kid!

We took a popsicle break before Chad took off to go for a run around the neighborhood.


They laid down for popsicles on the towels with me.  haha!  I'm sure our family looks ridiculous all in our swim suits hanging out around our baby pool...but we don't care!!  =)  (at least I didn't go down the slide like Chad...)

Then the lightning bugs were out like crazy this evening!  Drew is really good at catching them!






I like how you can see the bug lit up just above his hands!

Emma would let Chad put the bugs on her for awhile, then she decided she didn't care for it much.

No comments: