Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer is here!

...here's pictures from a couple weeks ago...


When you live in the ONLY neighborhood in the area that doesn't have a pool...you have to make do! We've had so many days in the 90s already - so we pulled out the blow up pool for the kids! Here's Chad and the kids. I love Emma's face! And look at Chad and Drew's eyes/eyebrows...identical!

Me and the kids...before the pool had warmed up!


The Ladybug bikini!



Popsicle break!! Both kids LOVE popsicles!



They are so silly! Chad calls Emma's little dresses and rompers her "Cindy Brady dresses."



She left these glasses on the whole time we were hanging out! Hopefully she'll wear them when we go to the beach.



Emma loves the chair that Drew got for Christmas. She figured out quickly how to climb in and sit in it. Well, just recently, she also learned how to stand up and jump in it! yes, I usually tell her "no" and end up folding it up and hiding it...but I had to get a picture of the naughty little thing. She's always looking at me, smiling, while she does it!


The other day I was doing some work on the computer, and it seemed really quiet, so I peaked around the corner and this is what I saw! So sweet! They had all the books pulled out and were reading together!




It has been one year today since my grandma passed away. Here are the daisies from her house growing strong in our yard!


I absolutely LOVE how Emma is attached to the blanket my grandma made just for her. She sleeps with it every night and at naptime, and will drag it around if we let it escape her crib. "Emma" is the girl's name that my grandma told me she liked, and I loved the name. I like to think that Emma has a special connection to my grandma, and I know she's watching over her. Love you, Grandma!

No comments: