Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween

We had a Halloween party at our house Friday morning with 8 of Drew's friends and one of Emma's friends. There were tons of treats (pumpkin donuts, cup cakes, rice krispie treats, apple cidar, candy, etc) that everyone contributed along with some healthy things (apple slices, grapes, and pretzels) that I'd set out. The kids had a blast playing with Drew's toys, and I was proud of Drew for sharing so well (never heard him say "that's mine" once!). The party was supposed to be till 11:30, but the last guests were leaving at 12:30! That tells me the others were having fun too! We tried to get a group picture of the kids, but that just wasn't happening - here's what I could get. Thanks, Drew, for looking at the camera! haha Drew was pretty mellow until his buddy Luke showed up! Then he completely lit up and was happy - it was pretty cute. Here's Luke (wall-e) and Drew (Lightning McQueen).
And they soon shedded the costumes...and found some candy!
Here's the table full of JUST SOME of all the treats!

Drew sat down for a minute for some snacks!

Then Saturday we carved our pumpkins. Here's Emma with one of my masterpieces. (I don't think she could wear that outfit one more day...too small!!)


Drew would NOT put his hands in the pumpkin (I think Chad got him to get maybe two seeds out). I didn't know 2 year old boys could dislike pumpkin guts! Here he is carving holes in the cardboard while Chad carves a pumpkin.


And our 4 jack o' lanterns - the top two are Chad's and the bottom two are mine. We were feeling some school spirit!

On Halloween, Drew helped me make pumpkin muffins that were egg and milk free (just a box of spice cake, a can of pumpkin puree, one single serving applesauce and a little water!!)...and he actually tried it!! AND LIKED IT!! Chad and I were so happy and excited that I think we both could have cried! Drew hasn't tried a new food in over a year! As he was taking the last bite, he said, "I don't want this to be all gone. I want another one!" So he ate two!


Here's Drew as we headed out to Trick-or-Treat.


And here he is on the go! He did a good job saying "trick or treat" and "thank you." We did the whole loop of our neighborhood (about 3/4 mile), but by the end he was saying, "hold me Daddy." He hadn't taken a nap all day (probably too much excitement!), so we expected him to be worn out.


Emma lasted about 30 minutes of trick-or-treating and then decided it was more fun to snooze!


We already have to keep a close eye on Emma. She can't crawl yet, but she can get anywhere she wants (usually backwards)!! I lay a huge blanket out for her with a bunch of toys, and within seconds she's off that blanket and somewhere else!

No comments: