Saturday, April 10, 2010

Fire trucks, gymnastics and singing!

Spring cleaning!! Chad and I aren't having a wonderful time, but I think this is Drew's favorite time of year! Vacuums, wet rags, brooms - so much fun! Frequent breaks make it more manageable, which is what we're doing right now. So, I thought I'd post a couple pictures and a video from this week. Drew and I met up with some other Lake Norman Mommies and took a tour of the fire station. Drew LOVES fire trucks. On our way to the Y, we pass two fire stations and an ambulance garage, so we talk about them and see them everyday. Here's a group shot at the end of our tour.


Here's Drew "driving" the truck.


There were four trucks, and he ran from one to the other, pointing out the ladders, lights, sirens, wheels, etc. Several times he went up to the firemen and said, "help somebody," "drive fire truck," and "sneakers on." I'm not sure why he was noticing their footwear - and why do Sesame Street characters call shoes "sneakers??" haha! Here he is with his buddies Parker and Charlotte.

And I kept plopping him up on the trucks to get pictures. He loves to say "cheeeeese!"



I've been teaching Drew some of the basics of preschool gymnastics - and he loves it! I show him something one time and he's got it! He's been doing tables for a while, and his donkey kicks are getting better. He has done several forward rolls on his own, but we're still working on those. He loves the trampoline at the Y and can do seat drops (where you bounce on your bottom and stand back up) and apart-together jumps (leading up to a straddle jump). Here's a video from awhile back (on one of our really hot days before we cut the air on).

And then today, in the middle of our cleaning, Drew decided to bust into song! So, during his snack I got it on video. We didn't realize he knew this many words to "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." Usually we'd sing it and he'd chime in the last word of each phrase.

No comments: