Thursday, February 26, 2009

Drew's allergy update

We found out some interesting information about our little man. He had his one year appointment last week, and they tested him for food allergies. We got the results back this week...and he has an allergy to milk (which I was about 99% sure of!), peanuts (panic!), egg whites (you wouldn't believe all the things that have eggs!), and of course Charlie and Simon! At least his allergy to peanuts is only if he consumes them - he can touch them and breathe them w/o reaction(which I know some children have such a severe allergy that they can't even be in the same room, which is why I wanted to panic when I first heard this). The milk and egg white allergy really limits the table food that I can give him. But we are starting him on soy milk this weekend (he tasted it tonight and didn't care for it...uh oh), and I will just have to do some research and get creative so our guy doesn't miss out on all the GOOD STUFF! If this allergy sticks with him, that means no pizza, no mac n cheese, no cheese flavored ANYTHING. No Reese's cups?? But they plan on re-testing him in 6 months, and there's a good chance that he'll outgrow it.
We hosted playgroup today, but only two friends could come. But I think Natalia and Sofia had a good time -Drew sure has plenty of toys to share b/c everyone has spoiled him!
Here's Drew and Sofia. Drew is a little rough with pushing his push-toys and barrelling through whatever gets in his way.
Natalia walked laps around our house - she was just showing Drew how it's done! And actually, Drew has been walking a lot more lately - he'll get going and go across the whole room! Here's Natalia in the kitchen - she will be one mid-March. And, as some of you know, I got a "new" hair-do (for free!). I met a girl that was interviewing at a salon, and she had to highlight and cut someone's hair during the interview - so I volunteered!! I like it in this picture (I took it right afterwards), but the next day, I couldn't get it to straighten quite like this... we'll see if I can figure it out! I know this is Drew's website...but here's the new do! :)

No comments: