Friday, December 12, 2008

What's Drew up to these days?

Drew is still changing so much every week! Some of the things he's doing that are fairly new include:


* He sometimes gets upset when I drop him off at Childwatch when I go work ("separation anxiety" is what the books call it) and as soon as he sees me when I come to pick him up he needs me to hold him NOW or he gets upset.

* He waves "bye bye" when we leave somewhere or if I say "bye bye" - and he also just waves a lot in general. He claps and gives high fives too!

* He bites his Cheerios before stuffing them in his mouth - he's figuring out what to do with those teeth!



* He follows me around saying "mum, mum, mum" and pulling on my pant leg.

* He will copy our actions if we lean our head to the side, squint our eyes, and shake our head no.

* He pushes his big truck around the house, walking behind it. He's even figuring out how to turn corners and go in different directions.

* He's moved on from chewing on plastic toys - he now enjoys gnawing on his bed and our window sills!

Here's Drew's first ride on a zebra at our friends' house yesterday.


Here's his 3 bottom teeth!


And the top 4 (well, you can see 3 of them). By the way, I wasn't torturing him - he thought it was funny when I scrunched his cheeks!


And our little brainiac's favorite toy...his big book! He LOVES this book! He turns the pages, sits on it, pushes it around the room, looks at the pictures.


Simon is very curious about bathtime. He started to reach for the floaty toys, but was getting wet from all the splashing Drew was doing and gave up.





No comments: