Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas in Indiana

I can't get the computer to let me rearrange the pictures...so they are out of order. I apologize! =)
Wednesday, December 21, we headed to the airport bright and early and headed to Indiana to celebrate Christmas with my family. Wednesday evening, my sister and her family came over to hang out. Then Thursday, our whole family got together to decorate cookies (yearly tradition!), exchange presents, and eat a Christmas dinner. Then Friday, we took the kids to the Commons Mall and then headed back to my parents house to play some Family Feud (which I think the men won EVERY round!). Columbus has been doing some major renovations since I moved away - and the Commons Mall is one of them! It is totally different than what I remember. When I was a kid we played on the little indoor playground at the mall...but now it is like no other playground I have EVER seen! Here's Emma on the playground.
And Drew peeking at Emma.
And everyone from Columbus knows about the Chaos sculpture!
And here's the playground...amazing! The climbing part is for 5-12 year olds. Drew started to try it, but it was really busy and he was much smaller than the other kids and about got trampled.
Cookie time!! My mom made a bunch of dairy free sugar cookies and gave each of the kids some icing and sprinkles to work with.
Drew figured out his Leapster Explorer that my parents got him pretty quickly - he loves it!
Emma got headbands! She wore them all at once...but now I can't even get her to wear them one at a time. I won't give up though - they're so cute!
Ben got a Wii game, so the boys had to try it out upstairs - Parker, Drew and Tim.
The newest Greenlee baby - Jackson Edward - is so SWEET! And tiny! I think Julie said he was just 6 lbs 11 oz the day before we got to meet him (at about 12 days old). Emma was very interested in him, and didn't even get jealous when I held him. She'd just say, "baby," and wanted to touch him.
Look at her tongue sticking out in concentration! Uh oh - like mother like daughter!
The kids take cookie-decorating VERY seriously (especially Will!)...but Drew was the licker this year (seems like every year one of the kids starts licking the cookies and then has a pile of cookies to themselves! haha).
Ah ha! Caught them both eating on the job!

My dad went and dug out my old keyboard for me - the kids thought it was the coolest thing ever!
Christmas vacation begins...and we're off to Indiana!

No comments: