Thursday, January 13, 2011

Discovery Place Kids

My parents bought us a family membership to the new Discovery Place Kids just down the road from our house - and we finally went today! It was so much fun! We were there about an hour and a half, and we probably only did half the stuff! There's tons of kid size real-life activities (milk a cow, run a cash register, be a dr, drive a race car, etc). And there's train tables, crafts, jungle gym, and so much more. Here's Drew, very in to the puppet show!

My favorite activity that we did was the baby water table! Emma loved it!




Drew loved the cash register and kept pulling out $20s and giving them to me! Haha


My gymnast!


Drew was drawn to the firetruck, of course, but was freaked out by the mannequin in uniform!


Emma showed off her new trick - she pulls up and then lets go and balances by herself!

Emma is doing great with solid food now - two meals a day of stage 2 solids (sometimes two jars per meal) and she has figured out puffs finally! She also loves wagon wheels, mum mum biscuits, and thick pretzel sticks. We've worked at getting her on a schedule (for my sanity), and she's done great. The two kids have napped at the same time the past four days!! That is a much appreciated break where I fly around the house getting a few things knocked off my to do list and then relax for a few minutes before Emma wakes up and I get some one on one time with her.

No comments: