Saturday, May 2, 2009

Enjoying Spring!

Before I get to the pictures and video, I wanted to announce that Drew is eating chicken nuggets!! This is so exciting to us!! We've been trying to get him to eat "real food" for a long time now, and this is even meat! I'm hoping it will lead to him trying other stuff too!

We have been enjoying the beautiful weather this past week!! Drew LOVES being outside...but unfortunately, it makes his allergies go nuts and he's pretty sneezy. But I don't think he minds too much. We took the top off the Jeep last Friday and had it off for 6 whole days before there was a chance of rain!
A Discovery Place KIDS is getting ready to be built here in Huntersville. They had a little festival to celebrate the kickoff for construction last Saturday. Here's Drew playing with the water toys...just before he started splashing all the other kids around us! He got a little upset when we left this station!


Then he showed his rhythm and joined the drum circle.

He got up in a firetruck with Daddy.


Drew had his first popcicle! He tasted it a few times and then decided it worked better as a drumstick and beat it on the deck. But it still tasted okay. :)


Drew and I went to the park last week. I was trying to take some decent pictures of him to replace the winter pictures we have around the house. I didn't get too many good ones - but I'll try again soon. He, at least, had fun playing in the sand. I think he's learned to ignore his photo-crazy mama!



It got up in the 90s, so we got Drew's pool out. He got really excited when we got in there with him!

Here's a couple more pictures from another day when I started snapping pictures while Drew was playing outside. I really want to get a couple that we can consider "professional quality" and I'll get some copies out to the family since we skipped one year pictures. This one looks like a school picture with the "outdoor background."

I love his eyes!

We had a garage sale this morning (disappointing turnout!), and it wore Drew out!! He enjoyed greeting our customers and trying to run down the drive into the road. He carried a hanger around and tried to hand it to random people. ...and then he napped a GOOD nap! Tomorrow we're going to do something to celebrate Chad's birthday!

No comments: